Controleur Financier / Directeur Financier / Financial Contr
Expérience professionnelle2005 – Currently
MAUREL ET PROM – (French Oil & Drilling Company listed in Paris Stock Exchange), Paris, France - annual sales in excess of € 800 Million.
Regional Financial Director – Latin America Area – Based in Bogota, Colombia (Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Brazil):
• Effective CFO for the four subsidiaries.
• Responsible for the Financial Reporting of the 4 entities (monthly, quarterly and annual group reporting as well as budgeting and special reports), Controlling, Accounting & Taxes, cost and internal Control.
• Restructuring: project management, HC reduction (social plan), establishment and supervision of foreign branches and subsidiary companies, investment projects.
• Legal entity: Financial statements (Group and Statutory), interface with tax administration.
2002 – 2005
PERENCO GROUP – (Independent European Oil company), Paris – annual sales in excess of € 3 Billion.
Financial Controller / Internal Auditor– Latin America Area (Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Guatemala - newly created position in 2002):
• Responsible for all internal controls and financial aspects of Latin America operations with focus on improving forecasting methodologies and overall accounting integrity.
• Effective Deputy CFO in the subsidiaries 50% of the time. Developing, controlling and conducting analysis of business performance and ongoing cost saving initiatives.
• Worked with all levels of management within the group and with the Corporate Headquarters.
1998 - 2002
CPS France - PRICE WATERHOUSE (Certified Public Accounting affiliate), Paris.
Chief Accounting Executive (CHEP, French subsidiary of an UK equipment pooling systems with annual sales in excess of € 250 Million, 16 months) for the implementation of SAP modules CO/FI. Fiscal year end consolidation of financial statements and supervision of the accounting department – 8 persons.
Group Controller (BRISTOL-MYERS-SQUIBB, French subsidiary of the US pharmaceutical group with annual sales in excess of € 900 Million, 24 months):
• Controller of the Research & Development department representing a turnover of € 40 M (monthly budgeting, forecasting and reporting to the parent company in US & variance analysis with management reporting – US GAAP). Extended assignments on manufacturing locations: Setting up a process chart on SAP for converting US GAAP Inventory cost accounting into French GAAP.
• Part of the implementation team for SAP accounting & controlling integrated software.
Advisory and auditing (AXA, 12 months) of accounting & regulatory reporting process for the Investment portfolio in the merger between AXA and UAP.
Auditing of subsidiaries’ financial statements (GAN, 5 months): set-up of the Data Room for the privatization process.
BOLLORÉ TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, SAGA subsidiary (logistics and transportation), Libreville, Gabon (18 months), Lagos, Nigeria (6 months).
Assistant to the V.P. Finance/Controller :
• Control of accounting rules & process, staff training, preparation and analysis of financial statements, corporate income tax preparation, monitoring of intra-group accounts.
• Monthly reporting (inclusive of Sources & Use of Funds statements), internal auditing of closing trial balances & provision accounts, variance analysis, preparation of annual budgets.
Formation2002 IFACI (Internal Audit Institute), Paris, France – Preparation to the CIA (Certified Internal Auditor).
1998/1999 UNIVERSITY OF PARIS PANTHÉON-SORBONNE, IAE (Institut d’Administration des Entreprises), Paris, France.
« DESS – Management & Affaires Internationales » (Graduate degree in management & international business, attended in evening classes).
1992/1997 INTEC (Institut National des Techniques Economiques et Comptables), Paris, France.
1997 « DESCF – Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Comptables et Financières » (Certified Public Accountant degree, attended in evening classes).
1994/1996 « DEFC – Diplôme d’Etudes Financières et Comptables » (College degree in accounting & finance).
1992/1994 « DPECF » (Junior years in accounting & finance).
1992 Baccalauréat, Paris, France (French high school graduation).
LanguesHighly proficient in English & Spanish.
Basic knowledge in Portuguese & German.